Last week at the Open Networking Summit (ONS), the ONF made a big splash as our operator partners made a monumental commitment to open technologies, disaggregated networks and realizing our vision of SDN. The news was mainly about boosting the supply chain of equipment vendors who will help with the network transformation ahead.
- Vision Day Workshop Videos have been posted on the ONF YouTube Channel
- Vision Day Workshop Presentations have been posted here
A few examples of stories from the event:
- Scot Petersen of eWeek caught up with the ONF and AT&T’s Andre Feutsch: AT&T, other big carriers push Adoption of Open Network Deployments.
- Carol Wilson of Light Reading examined how Open Source Zeroes in on the Edge and talked to Telefonica’s Patrick Lopez on how operators are taking charge.
- Linda Hardesty of SDX Central reported that ONF members are tired of vendor inertia
- CIMI’s lead analyst Tom Nolle reported on a buyer side revolution in networking.