Silicon Valley event hosted by ONF operator partners; Keynote sessions to feature AT&T, China Mobile, China Unicom, Comcast, Deutsche Telekom, and Google
MENLO PARK, Calif., Oct. 9, 2018 – Today the Open Networking Foundation (ONF) announced ONF Connect, the industry’s only operator-led and operator-hosted event, to be held December 4-6, 2018 in the Silicon Valley.
ONF Operators are leading the charge towards deploying open source based platforms in their production networks. Along with aligned supply chain partners, the operators are at the forefront of a movement towards leveraging disaggregation, white boxes and open source communities to transform networking as we know it.
ONF Connect will bring together visionaries of the ONF community and the broader open source ecosystem to drive collaboration and spotlight the world’s most advanced operators’ ambitions on virtualized access, edge cloud and next-generation SDN.
Keynote speeches from operator leadership will highlight how prominent operators are driving the transformation towards open source based deployments, including:
- Andre Fuetsch, President, AT&T Labs and Chief Technology Officer, AT&T
- Chin-Lin I, CMCC, Chief Scientist, Wireless Technologies, China Mobile
- Rob Howald, Vice President of Network Architecture, Comcast
- Amin Vahdat, Google Fellow and Technical Lead for networking at Google
- Jochen Appel, VP Access Network & Cost Engineering, Deutsche Telekom
- Tang Xiongyan, Chief Scientist, China Unicom
- Eric Brewer, Vice President, Infrastructure and Google Fellow, Google
Additionally, technical workshops on leading edge technologies and projects will be featured throughout the ONF Connect event, these are highlighted by:
- Open Networking Foundation open source platforms: Central Office Re-architected as Data Center (CORD), Open Networking Operating System (ONOS), Virtual OLT Hardware Abstraction (VOLTHA), Project Stratum, and XOS
- Open Networking Foundation Reference Designs and Exemplar Platforms:
- Trellis, Unified Programmable & Automated Network (UPAN), SEBA and ODTN
- Operators’ deployment plans for SEBA, Trellis, UPAN and Optical Data Transport Network (ODTN)
- Next-Generation SDN (P4, P4RunTime, OpenConfig/gNMI, gNOI) software stack and use cases
- M-CORD as a platform for 5G innovation: including disaggregated, virtualized, and open source RAN and EPC
- Access & Edge Cloud innovations to support edge delivery of Internet of Things, Augmented Reality/Virtual Reality (AR/VR) plus content
- Operator demos for ONF Reference Designs/Exemplar Platforms heading into deployment
- Community showcase demos highlighting innovations and new solutions leveraging ONF open source platforms
The ONF Connect will be held in the heart of the Silicon Valley at the Santa Clara Marriott from Tuesday, December 4th to Thursday, December 6th, 2018. Registration is available now by visiting here. For more information, additional ONF Connect event details are available here.
About the Open Networking Foundation:
The Open Networking Foundation (ONF) is an operator led consortium spearheading disruptive network transformation. Now the recognized leader for open source solutions for operators, the ONF first launched in 2011 as the standard bearer for Software Defined Networking (SDN). Led by its operator partners AT&T, China Unicom, Comcast, Deutsche Telekom, Google, NTT Group and Turk Telekom, the ONF is driving vast transformation across the operator space. For further information visit http://www.opennetworking.org
PR for the Open Networking Foundation