ONF extends a warm welcome to a prestigious group of 12 newly appointed and returning Research Associates.
Our mission at ONF is to commercialize and promote SDN and the underlying technologies as a disruptive approach to networking that will change how virtually every company with a network operates. Research in the field is critical to the advancement of SDN and to our achieving this mission.
While we are not a research organization, we have enjoyed excellent relationships with the research community since our founding and some of these relationships are particularly special to us. That’s why we’re pleased to announce our 2013 Research Associates – a talented and diverse group of individuals who have been selected for participation privileges in ONF based on their contributions to the creation and advancement of SDN and the OpenFlow® standard, as well as their drive to help us accomplish our goals. Their knowledge and insight are instrumental in keeping ONF and its member companies at the forefront of the SDN movement.
Research Associates are invited and appointed by ONF through a nomination process that involves member companies, self-nominations, and designations by the executive director. Appointments are for one year and are renewable. The appointments carry full participation privileges in ONF at no cost; they do not constitute membership in ONF for either the individual or their organization. Several of the researchers we’re announcing for 2013 terms are returning after participation in 2012, and there are several individuals from the same organization, one serves as the equivalent of principal investigator (indicated by PI below) and governs the addition of any others.
Please join us in welcoming:
- Dr. Jun Bi, Professor and Director of Network Architecture & IPv6 Research Division at the Institute for Network Sciences and Cyberspace (former Network Research Center) at Tsinghua University, Beijing
- Uwe Dahlmann, Lead Test Engineer at the Indiana Center for Network Translational Research and Education (InCNTRE) SDN Lab at Indiana University
- Dr. Nick Feamster, Darnell-Kanal Associate Professor of Computer Science in the Department of Computer Science at the University of Maryland
- Dr. Umesh Krishnaswamy (PI), Network Architect at the Open Networking Laboratory leading the development of the Open Network Operating System (ONOS)
- Ron Milford, Manager of the InCNTRE SDN Lab at Indiana University
- Dr. Indermohan Monga, Chief Technologist and Area Lead for Network Engineering, Tools, and Research, Energy Sciences Network (ESnet), and Scientific Networking Division at the Lawrence Berkeley National Laboratory
- Dr. Guru Parulkar (PI), Executive Director of the Open Networking Research Center (ONRC) at Stanford University
- Dr. Bernhard Plattner, Professor of Computer Engineering at ETH Zürich (Swiss Federal Institute of Technology)
- Dr. Jennifer Rexford, Professor of Engineering and Computer Science at Princeton University
- Dr. Christian Esteve Rothenberg, Senior Research Scientist at CPqD Research and Development Center in Telecommunications, Brazil
- Steven Wallace (PI), Executive Director, InCNTRE at Indiana University
For additional information about ONF’s Research Associates program, please visit www.opennetworking.org/about-onf/research-associates.