The inaugural ONF Connect event in 2018 was a resounding success, and now in September we are geared up for another compelling event that gives attendees a firsthand view into what operators are doing with open source solutions.
2019 Keynote Speakers
- AT&T’s Andre Fuetsch and Elad Nafshi of Comcast were the first two headline keynotes announced for the event. Their keynotes will be focused on access and edge cloud solutions supporting next gen services over an open network.
- Nick Mckeown, Professor of CS & EE at Stanford University, will present a keynote on programmable forwarding covering how P4 and the PISA switch architecture will be the foundation for fine grained measurement, formal verification and closed loop control of networks. Nick is one of the founding fathers of SDN and he will share details on the next giant leap forward for SDN, describing fundamental new capabilities for both network operators and innovators.
- Amin Vahdat & Partha Ranganathan – two amazing leaders of networking and computing respectively at Google – will both will present coordinated keynotes on challenges and opportunities in networking created by the end of Moore’s law. The keynote will summarize recent technology and workload trends while discussing the evolution of system architectures for large “warehouse-scale computing” environments with a focus on the role that networking will play in enabling continued exponential increase in computing capability. The keynote will also highlight how responding to the current opportunities will require more “out-of-the-box” designs —considering the entire data center as a computer, hierarchical architectures exposing inherent latency variations, and co-designing across hardware and software.
Unique Tutorials for Coming Up to Speed
We will have Tutorials on Tuesday, Sept 10th for developers, product managers, technical sales & marketing personnel. Three tutorials will be held in parallel on the following topics
- Next-Gen SDN (Stratum, ONOS, P4, P4Runtime)
- Mobile Access (EPC/OMEC & COMAC)
- Broadband Access (SEBA/VOLTHA)
Call for Papers
The ONF also has its call out for technical presentations addressing the entire spectrum of the open networking movement for telecom operators. We are soliciting content across the entire spectrum of ONF projects for the following tracks:
- Virtualized Broadband Access
- Next-Gen SDN
- NFV Fabric & SDN Backhaul
- Optical Networks
- 5G & Mobile
- CORD Platform as the Edge Cloud
- Research & Academic
- Ecosystem & Industry Adoption
More information on the suggested topics within each track can be found here.
Call For Papers Deadline
- Submission Deadline – May 31, 2019
- Late Submission Final Deadline – June 7, 2019
- Selections Announced – June 21, 2019